Saturday, February 16, 2008

Embellishing has begun

Okay, so I started embellishing my scrap heap quilt today. It's very slow going... why? Well, just because the design is so linear, and I don't want to over-clutter it with embelishments just for the sake of embellishments! I also don't plan to do any machine quilting on it for the same reason. At any rate, here is what I have done so far:

I still have a ways to go, but it's taking some time to decide what I want to do, soooo.... time to take a few steps back, turn it in every direction, walk away, come back and look some more. I woke up this morning with an idea for the area where I ended up couching yarn in a swirl... not the idea I started out with, but the chenille yarn just leant itself to the design I ended up with. Some of the buttons ended up on the piece, but not too many so far. I may put this aside for a day or two to see what else comes to mind.....

No comments: