Well, as you can tell from the last couple of posts, I couldn't decide which end was up on my Scrap-heap quilt, but I finally got it together and it is DONE! Yaaay! I went out to the garage yesterday to rummage in my boxes of craft supplies for a couple of things. While I was there, I found a nice piece of bark in the wood pile that I glued down with craft glue, added some embroidery floss and beads, removed the gray triangle and rectangles from the upper right corner, and declared the embellishments completed. Then it was just a matter of trimming, adding the backing and sleeve and TA-DAH! Only thing left is to create and attach the label on the back.
I had enough time after I finished this one that I decided to finish one of the art cloths I created using defective DVD's awhile back:
All I did with this was add pellum and backing, then I did a simple running stitch to divide the squares. It's hard to see in such a small picture, but I think the design is fine without further enhancements, so we'll see. I am submitting both pieces for our Recycled Art Exhibition. Even though the second one was made using new fabric, the dyes I used for the first layer were left over from another project, and the DVD's were saved from the landfill!