Monday, September 7, 2015

Craft Show season!

My last post was about Flagstaff Open Studios Tour, which was a raging success for me this year! Wonderful sales, both at the month-long Prelude Exhibit at our local shopping mall, and also at the 2-day tour at my friends Mack and Cinde's home just north of town.
Cinde with a selection of her fabulous beaded wall art

Mack in his fused glass studio
So, the dust has barely settled on that event, and I'm busy making scarves, coiled fabric bowls, notepad covers, Autumn leaves shirts and more, because I still have 3 big shows coming up before the craft show season winds down for yet another year - see my Show Schedule above. 
BTW, here is one of the bowls that I sold during Open Studios, a companion to the first bowl I sold at Prelude exhibit:
I love these because I randomly pull strips of fabric from a bin to make a colorful bowl, then finish with wrapped cord I shape into a slithering snake, complete with beady eyes and a red serpent tongue. this one has a snake made from some beautiful black and white print fabric I bought awhile back, just saving it for something special.
Well, back to the studio... time's a-wasting!  


3 comments:

Sherrie Spangler said...

So glad to hear you're having great sales! The basket is very cheerful!

Beth said...

That is so fantastic Judy!. You are fortunate to be where you are and friends with so many talented people! Best of success for your last 3 shows.

Jeanne Aird said...

Beautiful coiled basket! Congrats on a successful show!