Monday, September 8, 2014

Another stash buster project

As you may recall from previous posts, I am always trying to find ways to use up my ever-growing fabric stash!  Here are a couple of shots of the grubby piles:

This doesn't include the bins I have of smaller pieces!  As you can see, it has become a problem... but I have come up with another project to use some of it up - Composition Book covers!  I have done some before, but recently, my fiber arts buddy Lynda Heines posted about making covers on her blog.  You can see her post here.    I made a couple using instructions I got on you tube, but they did not look that great... thanks to Lynda, I learned I could eliminate one step - top stitching the edges - and that helped a lot!  Here is one I finished yesterday:


At this rate, it will take another 100 years to use up my stash, but I love how it came out!  Hopefully, I will get several done before my October and November shows... think this would make a nice holiday gift, don't you?  Time to get back to the piles!

3 comments:

Beth said...

That came out great. It reminds me of my best ever book covers. I love it when the inside bit comes almost to the spine!!

Marrianna said...

This looks great, Judy. I donated a lot of my stash to SHARON'S ATTIC here in town. Suzanne and I sold a lot. And there is still more in my sewing room. I'm just trying to keep from accumulating more stash.

Lynda said...

Thanks for the mention and blog link. I thought I had commented on this post awhile back. Anyway, thanks again.