Saturday, July 21, 2012

Last time I posted about my Taos fiber art piece was here, back in May. Well, I finally got back to working on it earlier this month, and finished it! I had already purchased a frame for it, and after I mounted it I put it in the frame and hung it. Trouble is, the glass glare was so bad it really took away from being able to view the scene... so today, I decided to ditch the glass. I have some fiber art pieces in my bedroom that are framed without glass, and have been hung for years with no adverse effects, so I'm done with the glass! Especially since the price of glare-resistant glass is prohibitive! Now I just need to decide if I'm happy with the mat or should replace with mat that is more rigid. The existing mat was behind the glass, and didn't have to be rigid since the glass held it in place. But without the glass, there are slight bulges toward the center of each side. So, I'm living with it right now to see if it detracts, and will decide in a day or two.


This is the piece I will be showing at Prelude Exhibit - our annual exhibit at the Coconino Center for the Arts for participants in the annual Flagstaff Open Studios Tour. So I want it to be as professional quality as I can make it!

No comments: