Saturday, March 12, 2011

Progress in the Living Room

A few days ago, I posted a picture of a wall in my living room that I was painting, but I never got around to the "before" shot.  Here's what it looked like before I started:
This is the wall where I have my 'gallery' - paintings and other wall art I have created over the years, along with a few purchased items.  but the wall itself really never added anything to the personality of the room.  All the walls in this house were white until I started this project.  As of today, I have declared this wall in the living room all but done... the last thing I plan to do is paint and add molding and quarter round.  For now, here it is:
Couldn't do anything to disguise the smoke alarm, unfortunately!  But I definitely like the feeling from the warm color of "Spiced Pumpkin"!  Our carpet is dark chocolate, and this color goes really well with it.  Now for the rest of the walls... need to wash with tsp, then I will probably use a white that is really close to the original color... much easier to apply than the "Spiced Pumpkin"!

1 comment:

Cate Rose said...

The wall is fabulous, Judy!