Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Embellishing the comet

I spent some time this past week adding slight embellishment to the comet I posted about earlier. I am using metallic embroidery floss... single strand... and adding lines to the arms and tail of the comet:

I'm thinking now of adding 'sparks' to the tips of each arm, but haven't decided if I want to use metallic floss or beads. And maybe a cluster of beading in the center to increase the 'glow' of the burning mass. I'm getting a better feel for the 'Slow Cloth' concept with this piece, since I am doing a lot of the designing as I go. And I'm in no hurry to finish! It's more about connecting to the piece and letting it dictate what I need to do next.
On another note, we are in the midst of 3 storms, with the biggest one due tonite thru tomorrow, so I have plenty of projects lined up to keep me entertained!

1 comment:

Cate Rose said...

I love what you're doing here, Judy!