Thursday, March 26, 2009
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Monday, March 23, 2009
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Saturday, March 7, 2009
So, if I remember correctly, this award needs to be passed on to six of my favorite bloggers:
1. Melanie Testa who is a great inspiration, friend and teacher to me
2. Cynthia St. Charles, whose work constantly inspires me
3. Deb Lacativa, she makes me laugh, and I love her work!
4. Melody Johnson - I look forward every day to her posts about quilting, gardening, life!
5. Jude Hill - she has a magic way with fiber, thread, and philosophy that constantly inspires
6. Jane LaFazio - what a wonderfully inspiring lady this is, and she knows how to enjoy life!
These are only 6 talented artists whose blogs I follow regularly... there are many more out there! Thank you all for constantly inspiring me to follow my muse!
Monday, March 2, 2009
My friend and teacher Melly, on the left, and I met for coffee this morning at Macy's Coffee house in Flagstaff. Melly is getting ready to enter the next chapter of her life, as she and her hubby pack up to move to Brooklyn. Melly is one of those people who come into your life and make a change, and in this case, it was a change for the better for me. She instructed a class in surface design techniques that I attended in July of 2005, and set me on my ear! I haven't been the same since, and that's all to the good! So I figure my Creator brought her to Flagstaff just to give me a creative jolt, and now there is someone in Brooklyn who needs her. At any rate, physical distance will not change the fact that I love this gal! She is so very talented, and extremely generous with her knowledge and skills, and she's also a lot of fun to be around! So if you're in the New York area, pining away for someone to teach you all the wonderful things you can do with fabric, click on the link to her blog above and drop her an e-mail! Tell her Judy sent you, and she'll treat you right! Love ya, Mels!