Saturday, February 7, 2009

Latest work

I just finished up Devil's Postpile, and I really like how it turned out! Not exactly what I originally had in mind... better! Sometimes an idea has to sit on the back burner, simmering for awhile, before it is ready for execution. This was one of those times! Here it is:
This is the third in a series of Rock formations... I have no idea how many more will come about, but rocks is where it's at for me!
One thing that isn't noticible in the picture is the quilting I used around the border... I quilted octagonal shapes in two sizes, representing the shape of the columns when viewed from the top. It's very subtle, but I think if I had used a lighter thread it would have detracted from the overall appearance of the piece. Finished size is 21 1/2" h X 29 1/4" w.

2 comments: