Saturday, January 31, 2009

Closest to you

I got this from Michele's blog:

Closest book to you
How to play:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence along with these instructions in a note in your BLOG.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual... Use the CLOSEST

The closest book to me was Louis L' Amour's Borden Chantry
the 5th sentence on page 56 reads 'To tell the truth, he knew nothing about court orders.'
Hmmmm... I guess it's time to read the book, so I can figure out who 'he' is, and why he would care! I started reading Louis L'Amour novels a few years ago, and got hooked on them. Good thing he was prolific!
On another note, I haven't posted pictures recently because I have been working on my Devil's Postpile quilt, and hit a snag the other day. I am quilting the borders, and decided to do a little free-motion quilting around some octagonal shapes because they didn't show up with the thread I used. So I used a lighter color for the free-motion stitches, and they ended up detracting from the main design. Fortunately I only got part way across the top border when I changed my mind, but I have discovered that removing free-motion stitches is even worse than removing regular stitches! After about an hour, I had to stop to rest... hopefully I will be able to finish ripping out today so I can complete the quilting.
Yesterday, I went with a friend, Joyce, to Phoenix... well, actually Mesa, but it all runs together down there... and we visited Hobby Lobby which is a huge craft store. I actually didn't spend a lot of money there, but got some items that I needed. Then we went to lunch and then to Sally's fabrics. Geez! I didn't know Sally's was even around any more! It's been years since I was in one, but there it was, full of great fabrics. Trouble is, since I got started with surface design techniques, it's hard for me to buy commercial fabrics! I ended up getting some cotton batting and thread, then home we came. It was a long day... left the house at 7am, got back at almost 6pm! I slept gooooood last night!

No comments: