Monday, April 14, 2008

A sad day





I took my little black kitty, Tink Tink, in to the vets today to have some work done on her teeth, and her little heart stopped while she was under anesthesia. They tried to revive her, but nothing worked. Later, the vet did an autopsy and found she had cancer in her liver and lungs, so it wasn't the tooth decay that caused the problem. She had not been eating well, had been lethargic, and lost weight before I got her in to be checked. The picture above was taken not too long ago, but she was thin and weak by the time I got her to the vets.

We adopted Tink from a neighbor around 1999 or 2000, and she quickly stole my heart. I have had a number of cats over the years, and a few that have been special favorites. Tink was a small female who loved to be held, purred loudly, and occasionally talked insessantly, but I loved her in spite of her chattiness! She was a one-person cat... mine... and detested all other felines. In spite of her small size, she totally intimidated Bubba, my 4 year old male, who is almost twice her size. Tink had a scream that would stand the hair up on your neck, and loved to hide and pounce on Bubba when he walked by. I still have Bubba and Double, our other male, and I love them dearly. But there is a giant bruise on my heart where Tink lived... my one consolation is that she is pain free, and somewhere up in heaven, she's chasing mice and thoroughly enjoying herself. I'll see you again some day, Tiny girl!

1 comment:

Jane LaFazio said...

oh, I am sooooo sorry about the loss of dear Tink. She sounds like she was such a sweetie, with strong little personality. Judy, I know what it's like to lose a precious kitty...I'm so sorry. Purrs and Hugs from BeBop, Buddy and ME!