Saturday, March 1, 2008

Spring is in the air!

Finally, we have some warm, sunny days to enjoy! My friend Linda and I are going to have a play-date today, so I needed to do a little cleaning in the studio to make room for batik work and stamping. We also hope to do some discharging of darker fabric pieces using bleach water sprayed over areas not blocked by resist materials.

While I was cleaning up the studio, I hung my Rock piece, currently in progress, and thought I would post an update. I haven't had as much studio time this week as I would have liked, but I am close to being done with the fusing step.

Yesterday, I went to the library to see the local Quilting Guild's exhibit, which by the way I am now a member of! The quilts were fabulous, and I look forward to getting to know the other members of the Guild at their monthly meetings. Linda and I went to the meeting on Thursday as guests, and wouldn't you know? I have met several of the women who were there for the meeting! Small world, small town... I love it!

No comments: