Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sneak peek

I have been working on a project for... it seems like a month now, but it could have been less. I have lost track of time! It's a complex piece which uses several techniques, and it is becoming a little difficult. However, if I can stick with it, I am in hopes it will prove to be worth the time and effort. I swore I wasn't going to post any pictures until it was done, but thought maybe a sneak peek wouldn't hurt! So here it is:

This portion of the piece depicts the house I lived in for 16 years in Southern Calif. It is a small California Bungalo built in the 20's, and I always loved the charm and hominess of it. There are 3 other scenes in the overall piece - a snapshot of Nasturtiums growing through a picket fence, a shot of the living room looking at a fire in the stone-faced fireplace, and a picture of my favorite cat, an orange tabby. I will post another picture when the piece is done, but for now this will have to do...

No comments: