Thursday, December 15, 2022

Is it done? I don't know!







I've enjoyed playing with my bowl over the past several days, each day focusing on one area and coming up with some way to enhance or embellish it.  The last photo shows my latest addition: a swirl, which is one of my longtime favorite symbols.  There is still some of the lower areas that could be enhanced, but I don't want it to look too overdone, so I think I will study it as it is for awhile, then decide.  One last thing I will need to do is attach the base which is a few coils of fabric wrapped cord that I stitched together, leaving the center open.  It's been great for adjusting the position of the vessel while I worked on one thing or another, and I'm tempted to leave it unattached, but that's a decision I will make soon.  This has been a really fun project because I didn't have any preconceived ideas other than to try the process, and I let my imagination play with "what if" thoughts, and just went with whatever came to mind.  I think this is just the first of these I hope to do going forward, just for the fun of it! If you're intrigued or interested in trying one of these, you can see the tutorial I used as a guide here:

1 comment:

Sherrie Spangler said...

I just love this! The colors and patterns are so you, and the spiral is also my favorite symbol.