Sunday, November 5, 2023

November already!

 Wow, time flies!  I totally missed posting in October, mainly 'cause I was busy beefing up my inventory for the two galleries!  I've had fabulous sales the past 5 months, and we're heading into Holiday shopping season already!  And just in time, I'm working on a couple of new items - here's a rope Christmas tree I just finished:




This started out with a styrofoam tree form.  I wrapped strips of Christmas fabric around rope, like I do for my rope bowls, then glued it to the form.  Once the glue dried, I wrapped the string of red beads around in the "ditch" between rows of rope.  The base of the tree is a large cork I glued to the bottom, and for the top, I glued a length of bamboo skewer to the wood snowflake, and inserted the point of the skewer into a hole I produced beforehand.  The other project is using a similar method to create a "candle" by gluing the wrapped rope around a foam cylinder, gluing to a base, and leaving a spot on top where I insert a battery operated tea light.  Here's the first one:


I hope to have more of these 2 items made soon.





Here are some "Peeper Keepers" I made, just the right size for storing your eye glasses when you're not wearing them!  Or maybe a good "catch all" to put by the front door for your keys, change, cell phone, etc.  They're about 7 3/4" by 4 1/2".  They were so fun to make, I just kept making them, lol!

Meanwhile, on the dye front, here are a few items I finished recently:




I'm trying to build up my long sleeve shirt collection for cold weather - this one was dyed with just one dye color - Pewter -  but since I'm still ice dyeing, the dyes split while the ice melts and dissolves the dye powder.  I really like this color and had to order more!

I also dyed a long sleeve, asymmetric top with some rich fall colors:


As soon as my ice cube stash is replenished, I will be trying out some new colors along with some of my tried and true favorites, so stay tuned!  More to come...





No comments: