Thursday, September 28, 2023

Autumn has arrived!

 It's been awhile!  After our annual Open Studios Tour which was a great success for me (thank you to all who stopped in and shopped!) I was busy filling orders I received at the event, then began working to build up my inventory for holiday shopping, which has already begun!


Here are a few things I've completed recently:





And in addition to working to build up my inventory, I'm also experimenting (constantly!) with new (for me) dye colors and patterns!  Here's a shirt I finished yesterday - fun dyes from Happy Cat Dyes called Strawberry Skies and Dragons Egg, and the shirt was placed over whiffle balls in a colander, with ice on top, and the dyes sprinkled over the ice:


This is the shirt, batching over whiffle balls in a colander!


The end result - soft, feathery shapes and a myriad of colors, but very muted in this one.  I hope to improve my ratio of dyes to ice a little so I get more vivid colors, but it's a case of try, analyze the results, and adjust!  

So now we're into Autumn, and the temperatures are cooler, the days shorter and the leaves are beginning to change colors.  Me, I'm busy looking into ways to keep my ice dyeing warm enough for the ice to melt and the colors to blossom!  Time to look into a heating lamp, so I can keep going!

Stay tuned, and I hope to have even more fun things to share soon!




2 comments:

Sherrie Spangler said...

I really like the muted colors and soft shapes of the shirt!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Thank you! I love the flow, and plan to try a lot of different colors... more to come!