Saturday, July 29, 2017

My pieces for Prelude

Just a quick post to show the 2 pieces I will be exhibiting (and hopefully selling!) at our Prelude Exhibit, which opens next Saturday at the Arts Connection Gallery in the Flagstaff Mall:
This is a covered bowl, and utilizes a piece of black walnut branch for a handle.  I made leaves from Lutradur, a man-made fiber which is very versatile.  I painted it, stitched the leaf veins and outline, cut them out, then distressed them with my heat gun.  To finish them, I added a cluster of pearl-like beads strung on copper wire.  I really love how this came out!




This is one of my rayon jackets, dyed using whiffle balls to create a color burst effect.  I love the colors - fuchsia and garabaldi orange... yummy!
I will post pictures of the opening which is always a great event... Flagstaff really turns out to support its artists!


No comments: