Sunday, July 28, 2013

Prelude Exhibit Opening Reception

Last night was the Opening Reception for this year's Prelude Exhibit at Coconino Center for the Arts.  What a great collection of artwork from this year's Open Studios participants!  If you are in the Flagstaff area between now and August 31, take a few moments to drive over and check it out.   You can get directions here if you are not familiar with the Center.   We had a nice turnout, even had about a 20-minute blackout compliments of the evening's T-storm!  Amazing how many folks whipped out their cell-phones, turned them on for light, and continued to browse the exhibit!
Here I am next to "Study in Contrast".  I got a lot of great compliments from folks... even met an Interior Designer who was quite interested in the piece.

My friend Cinde, who is a fabulous Bead Jeweler, is showing her necklace to a couple, with my other friend Wendy smiling in the background.  This is a great way to visit with friends and see what the other members of the Flagstaff Artists' Coalition are doing.  I think this is my 5th year of participating in Open Studios, and I think it has helped me to grow as a Fiber Artist.  Wish I had taken more pictures, but I was busy chatting with everyone!


2 comments:

Sherrie Spangler said...

Congratulations on your opening! I love your piece.

Beth said...

Oh, I like "Study in Contrast" a lot!!! Congrats on the show