Wednesday, July 17, 2013

2013 Quilt Shop Hop!

My friend Joyce and I made our annual pilgrimage yesterday to 5 Quilt shops between Flagstaff and Prescott to spend money, bring home lots of fun treasures, and have a "girls' road trip"!  We took off around 8am, headed down to Camp Verde to get some English Toffee flavored coffee, then proceeded to the first shop in Prescott.  Participants in the Shop Hop purchase a "passport" at one of the stores, then each store they visit will stamp the passport, and you get a free gift - usually a fat quarter of fabric - and a 10% discount off regular priced merchandise.  Then you turn your passport in at the last store you visit, and it goes into a drawing for prizes.  There was one store that is too far away for us to make it, so we won't be eligible for the grand prize, but might still win one of the lesser prizes!  At any rate, after a lovely day including lunch in Presott, here is my haul:
As you can see, it mostly consists of fat quarters - some purchased, some gifts from the stores for participating.  My big purchase, and one I'm thrilled that I found, is the book "It's a Wrap II", by Susan Breier.  If you have been following my posts this past year, you know I have been making coiled fabric bowls from my fabric stash, and I love making them!  Plus, they are selling well at the shows I have participated in, so it's a win-win product in my opinion.  This book is going to help me broaden my horizons by teaching me how to make different shapes and create my own designs... woo-hoo!  Christmas in July for me!  Stay tuned... I hope to have some new items to show off soon.
 

2 comments:

Sherrie Spangler said...

Oh, oh, oh! What wonderful colors! I think I have that book on my shelf, too.

Joseph Pitcher said...

Sounds like great fun!
Joe from TextilesArtist.org