Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Mounted batiks

I posted about this a few days ago on my Facebook page, so if you follow me there, please forgive the duplication.  Last week, one of my fellow bloggers, Lynda of Bloom, Bake & Create, posted  here about mounting and framing her beautiful marbled fabrics, and I loved them!  It inspired me to try the same treatment for some of my batik fabrics:

I love how these came out, and will definitely be doing more!  Lynda did a great job of writing a tutorial, so I'll let you visit her blog for more details.  Meanwhile, I'm working on a tank top order for one of my regular customers, and sent her a picture of the top batik, and now I'm going to use the same technique - soy wax batik - for one of her tanks, only the dark color will probably be a vivid lapis or purple instead of black.  
BTW, for those of you who live in the vicinity of Flagstaff, I will be at the Spring Artists' Marketplace at the Elk's Club on north San Francisco this Saturday, May 4th, from 10am - 4pm.  I'll have lots of tie-dye, my new tie-dye necklaces and scarves, and some of my wall art as well... hope you can stop by!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Now aren't those really lovely!!!!