Monday, April 15, 2013

More fun projects using t-shirts

I'm just having so much fun!  I've been searching on-line for tutorials using t-shirts, and got some new ideas for t-shirt accessories:
 Here's a long necklace made out of strips of t-shirt, doubled around the neck.

Another way to wear the same necklace.

 If the first one seemed a little too much, here's a smaller, braided necklace... nice touch of color without going overboard.
 Shown here with the wrapped end in front instead of behind the neck.
And here, the necklace is doubled to make a shorter version.

 This is a six-strand plaited necklace, knotted with fringe.
A side view of the same necklace.

Now I can't decide which of all the t-shirt projects I like best, but I'm leaning toward these necklaces over the scarves.  They are quick, easy, and I think they would be easier to wear and more versatile.  What do you think?  I would love to hear feedback comparing all the designs!

5 comments:

Cate Rose said...

I especially love that thick necklace (the one on top). That is just so cool!

beth from still life pond said...

I like the top one also. It seems to drape better than the braided ones and also I think you lose some of the tie-dye beauty in the braiding...

Sherrie Spangler said...

I vote for the top two!

Carol R. Eaton Designs said...

I like the top one - it has a nice flow and the colors are beautiful.

Vicki W said...

You've got some great new products there!