Friday, January 25, 2013

Another exercise in contrast

After my initial exercises which I posted about yesterday, I decided to try one where I used the black and white to create a design from a photo I took back in 2011 of a distant mountain range.  I love the shot, and have wanted to create a fiber art piece using the photo as my design, but couldn't seem to come up with something that I thought would work.  Yesterday, by using the black construction paper, I was able to simplify the design and like what I came up with.  Here is the original photo:

And here is the black and white design 
It's a step in the right direction.  Now I just need to figure out how I want to execute it using fabric!  But what a great design tool this is... not at all how I thought I would be using it, but that seems to be the direction I'm taking this year... breaking out of the mold, finding new (to me!) tools to help me expand my creative horizons.  Now, on to the next step!

No comments: