So the next step was to be painting the leaves with thickened dyes, which I began a little while ago. Oops! I goofed! I'm doing this in a different sequence than normal - I usually pre-dye the item before tracing the leaves on, then wax, then overdye. For some reason, reversing the process made me forget I need to pre-soak the fabric in a soda ash solution and allow to dry before I add the dyes to the leaves. Sigh... guess it will sit overnight, then I can wash out the small amount of dye I already applied, soak, dry and start over. Good thing I didn't have anything planned for tomorrow!
On another note, I ordered a new product today called Batik-EZ by Crafter's Pick. Can't find it locally, so I found an on-line source. It is supposed to be another way to resist dyes and paints without having to deal with melting and applying wax. I'll let you know how it works when I have a chance to give it a try!