Sunday, June 24, 2012

Tie-dye and Batik class



Yesterday was my Tie-dye and Batik class, held in my garage since the wind decided to blow a little too hard for us to be out on the driveway! I decided to create a photo album to show the class, and hopefully some of the results as students send me pictures. You can see the album here. There were 5 students - two had taken a class from my friend Wendy and I earlier this month, the other 3 were new (to me). I might also mention that this was my first solo teaching gig, and I'm very pleased with how it went! I spent a lot of time preparing the lesson plan and handout, and in spite of a couple of supply glitches, I think it was a great success. I handed out surveys at the end of the class, and got very good reviews from the 4 who returned them to me, and hope to see them in future classes. Which reminds me, Wendy and I have a play date on July 8th to start working on the techniques we will be teaching in our August 4th class... gonna be lots of fun! More to come...

No comments: