Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Taos... framed at last!

I officially removed 'Taos Art Quilt' from my project board this morning... it has been mounted and framed:
It's a little cock-eyed... I had to take the photo at an angle, because the frame has glass that isn't glare-resistant.  I was lucky I was able to find a ready-made frame that wasn't a small fortune!  Custom framing was out of the question... this is my exhibit piece for this year's Prelude Exhibit, the show for participants of the annual Flagstaff Open Studios tour, so I needed to keep my costs in line.  And even if I wanted to swap the glass with glare-proof, the glass is imbedded in the mat, so I would have to replace the matting as well... there goes the cost!  At any rate, I'm very pleased with the end result, and if it doesn't sell, I already have a spot picked out to hang it in our house!  I am glad to be finished with this piece... it sat on my work table for far too long!  Now I can decide what I want to do next: indigo dyeing, more "how-to" videos, deconstructed screen printing, tray dyeing, batik... the list goes on and on!

No comments: