Friday, August 27, 2010

Shrekkie

I'm a sucker for cats... have been all my life! At one time I had 7 in the house... had to scale back a bit! Right now we have 2 boys... Bubba and Double, and they do a good job of keeping the mouse population down. But we also have a vagrant - a sweetie left behind by neighbors a few years ago who moved down to Phoenix and left this little guy in the care of some other neighbors. Apparently, either they dropped the ball or he decided to go it alone. At any rate, I would see him from time to time crossing the property, and you could tell he was used to people because he would talk to me when he passed by. But I noticed awhile back that he was looking skinny and not in very good shape, so I finally gave in and started putting kibble next to the water dish on the deck I keep filled for my cats and the birds. Shrekkie and I have been making friends recently! He lets me pet him and seems quite happy to see me when I come out on the deck to visit, and he is looking much healthier now that he is getting regular meals! Now I just need to figure out what to do to protect his food source this winter when it snows... anyway, I got a picture of him through the window this morning:

This is not my best effort picture-wise, but will have to do until I can get another chance!

1 comment:

Cate Rose said...

Another beauty! Maybe the boys will let Shrekkie be a regular part of the family.