Friday, December 5, 2008

Out with the old, in with the new

Last night was our Quilters' Guild Holiday party. Wouldn't you know it? I didn't bring my camera, and I should have! The party was held at the home of one of our members, who has a house full of gorgeous quilts! Anyway, we had a gift exchange for those who wanted to participate, and of course I did... came away with an awesome (and I mean!) pin cushion:
The one on the left is your 'standard' pin cushion, which I have had for eons. The one on the right is for SERIOUS stitchers, and should be good for another eon or two, don't you think? So the old one goes into semi-retirement. I left the short pins in it... the ones I don't use much any more, and moved the longer pins and my needles (which always managed to get buried in the old one!). Now I just have to make room on my sewing table for the new one. BTW, there are even little pockets around the outside of the cushion to stow things! Too cute!
Oh, yeah... in spite of my swearing that I would not take on any commitments for the next year, I managed to volunteer to be the Program/publicity contact, and also to help with the hanging of the QG annual quilt show at our library... my hubby laughed his sox off when I told him! Sigh...

No comments: