Thursday, December 18, 2008

More snow pictures

Here are some more pictures of our winter wonderland:
You can't see it to well, but the winds are gusting around 35mph, creating lots of snowdrifts
I caught several Meadowlarks huddled together behind a tree, trying to stay out of the wind
Here's a shot of the deck railing taken through the window... there was about 6-8 inches accumulated on the railing, and the wind blew off some before I got the shot. The snow is about 24" deep on the deck, which means at some point I need to schlep around the house with the snow shovel and dig a path from the door to the deck stairs... oh, my aching back!
On another note, I called my former boss this morning to tell her how happy I was that I didn't have to dig out and drive into town... it's much nicer to be able to stay at home and enjoy the beauty without actually having to travel in it!

1 comment:

Cate Rose said...

The snow is beautiful, Judy. I'm just glad I don't have to live with it anymore!