Awhile back, I posted about a quilting challenge I was participating in through our local Quilters' Guild. I couldn't post the picture for fear the owner of the fabric might see, but last night at our monthly meeting, we all 'outed' ourselves, and presented the completed pieces. We started with a gallon-sized ziplock bag filled with fabric, threads, and other embellishments. We were challenged to come up with a quilt that was no larger than 24" by 24", and had to use at least 30% of what was in the bag. Here's my finished piece:
I confess that when I opened the bag of fabric for the first time, I was not prepared for Christmas fabric! It took awhile for me to determine what I could do with it, but I finally opted to do a Crazy Quilt, which is one of my favorite quilting styles.
Last night we all got up and presented our quilts to the person who put the fabrics together:
I wish I had taken pictures of all the presenters... there were some fabulous creations! I'm looking forward to future challenges... it was really a fun project!