Saturday, August 2, 2008

47 Days and counting...

Well, I got my 'last date' to work on Monday. As of Thursday, September 18, I will be retired... again! And of course that means more time to submerge myself in my creative interests, at last! Maybe even clean house, work more in the garden, resume some kind of exercise regime, gee... maybe even have time to read a book! Speaking of which, I got my copy of Rayna Gillman's book 'Create your own hand-printed cloth' and it's great! I'm about half-way through, and I can tell that her instructions and ideas are going to really help me to loosen up and really enjoy myself in the studio! You can get more info on her book here if you are interested.
Meanwhile, I finished several more Journal covers today, took pix and posted to my website, along with my Grocery totes.
I used some hand-dyed fabric as well as some commercially dyed fabric on these... great way to use up some of the stash!
Now I'm enjoying a lovely afternoon rain shower, which is doing a nice job of watering the new trees I put in 2 weeks ago, as well as refilling the rain barrel.

No comments: