Saturday, January 5, 2008

My latest experiment

Somewhere in cyberspace, I recently saw a picture of an art cloth where the artist dyed fabric with bright, warm colors, then folded and clamped using DVD's as a resist, then overdyed with black. I can't for the life of me find where that site is, but I did my own experiment of the technique today, and here is the result:


My version did not resist as well as the one I saw, but I still like the results, and plan to play with this method some more. The one I saw retained the bright colors in the circles, whereas mine absorbed some of the black and left very little of the original colors untouched. Still, it came out with good markings, and a nice color range.

2 comments:

Melly Testa said...

very pretty, Judy! I would say it is a success. But keep trying for what you remember in your mind!

Jane LaFazio said...

ooh, gorgeous and in just my color!