Thursday, September 27, 2007

My, how time flies...

August 17, 2005. Wow! Hard to believe it's been over 10 months since I last checked in to my 'Blog'. Gawd! What a name for a perfectly wonderful exercise... venting! Oh, well, I suppose we need to call these something. To quote an old, expired friend, I'd rather call mine 'Earl'! Anyway, time has passed, progress has been made on several fronts - not without some frustration and the expenditure of a great deal of effort.My tie-dye business languished a lot this past 10 months, due to increased hours at my 'day' job. Yes, I'm retired from my former career, but I have found a part-time niche working for a local Real Estate office that has been growing by leaps and bounds this year, and just relocated to a larger building. So I went from 16 hours a week to more than 21 hours a week. Then a Swap Meet opened here in town which gives me an opportunity to sell my tie-dye on a regular basis for a reasonable booth fee, so I will be busy dyeing and selling in the coming months.Is that all I have been doing? NOT! I have a spouse with a website that continues to need assistance(both the spouse AND the website!), so there is never a spare moment unless I make one.


We added a new cat to our menagerie who I absoloutely adore, so I need to find time daily to bond with Bubba, as well as spend time with my other two, Tink and Double, or jealousy rears it's ugly head. Nothing nastier than a jealous cat!Well, after all is said and done, I still have a life that I can't really complain about. Others I know have a lot more they are dealing with than I do. Health problems, financial woes, car troubles, legal battles - you name it, I probably know someone who is dealing with it. So if the worst thing I have to complain about is a stupid website problem, I need to shut up and count my blessings!More later...

No comments: