Thursday, September 27, 2007

New Year, New projects

January 15, 2006 - I have been a busy bee since my last post. I recently joined a crafters' co-op, and we have a permanent booth at the local indoor swap meet/market. I have had really good sales over the holidays, and hope to continue doing well. Last week, I brought in 6 silk scarves, and sold 4 to one customer! Here is one of my favorites:




I am also working on a series of purses and totes using hand-dyed fabric. I have completed a large tote, a pocketbook, a smaller tote, and have 2 more in the works. I really like how this one came out:



The fabric was dyed using an accordion fold which was held in place with wooden clothes pins. The dyes(chocolate brown, rust brown and black) were then applied randomly on both sides. I love the markings!I also plan to work on a variety of throw pillow covers later this year. I have been mulling over these 2 projects for at least a year or so, and finally got up the nerve to try them. Can't wait to see what my restless brain thinks up next! Later...

No comments: