Saturday, May 27, 2023

May: warmer temps, more ice dyeing and a litttle gardening!

 At long last, Winter lost out to Spring with a week of early monsoon rains, followed by lovely warm sunshine and a lot of greenery and Spring blooms!  No pictures to show for it, but I have really appreciated the change.  I got back to walking the square that our home is located on, and I got back to doing more ice dyeing.  Here are some of my recent ones:

I love this one because I got a lot of points and some really neat markings.  This is a simple 2 color incline dye.


I was trying a new color combo here: Marigold and Wedgewood blue, with one color on each half of the shirt.


This is similar to the one before it, only using sky blue and palomino gold.

Since I'll be participating again this year in the annual Flagstaff Open Studios Tour, I need to start cranking out more inventory, since I'm also in 2 galleries!

Here are a couple of larger bowls I finished this month:



I love the fabric I used for the bowl above - my colors and the design is very pleasing to the eye!



This one is for a fund raiser raffle for a group I belong to, and will also contain an apron, pot holders and pot handle sleeve made by my friend Joyce of Rabbit Hill Crafts.  Bowls this size (10" across, 3" high) are a great size for gift baskets.

On the garden front, I bought some flowers at local nurseries and planted in containers:


Sadly, critters ate a lot of them, so I transplanted into smaller pots and put them on tables on the
deck.  So far, so good!

So that's it for May... hope you're all enjoying Spring, and I'll be back!







1 comment:

Sherrie Spangler said...

Love that orange/blue combo on your ice dyed shirts! I'll bet they sell quickly. Keep on creating!!!