Friday, February 24, 2023

February fun!

 For a short month, February has turned out to be a productive one for me!  And here's my latest - I'm adding cotton jersey relaxed fit pants to my inventory:



They take the dyes beautifully, and they're lightweight and comfy!  

I also started dyeing some more Cotton shells - this batch was done in the same colors as the pants:


I love the blues and greens!

On another note, I decided to convert an old hand dyed & stitched panel to a vessel:



I'm trying to think of a way to add some flowers to the vessel, but the 2 I tried making don't do it justice and I'm not finding any pre-made ones I like.  I addded a mason jar inside so it can be used for cut flowers, but for now, It's waiting patiently in the studio for me to decide how to move forward.


Another recent project was an Easter Basket - I hadn't made a bowl with a handle in a long time, so I figured it was time to revisit that, and here is the result:


I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, so I may need to do more, not just for Easter.  A friend
suggested these would be nice for baby gifts - maybe a little larger, to hold layette items, so I'm
giving thought to that.

Meanwhile, Winter isn't quite done with us yet - lots of snow with more in the forecast off and on over the next week or so.  Our patio room - between the front door and the step up into our living room - has been renamed the "mud room" because it is the place where we remove our snow boots, which are often coated with mud after the snow melts and the runoff turns the yard into mud flats!  No plans to try and reclaim the room until winter is good and gone... then I'll have my work cut out for me!

Meanwhile, stay safe & warm, friends!  Spring is coming, the Tulips and Daffodils will bloom, and hopefully we can look forward to some sunshine and warmer temps!







1 comment:

Sherrie Spangler said...

Your work is always so inspiring! Onward into March!!!