Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Summer!!!

 Wow, I let June get away from me!  Been busy dyeing and doing other fiber related projects, and it paid off - had great sales at Arts Connection and good ones at Sedona Artist Market too.  Now I'm trying to build up my stock for the 25Th Annual Flagstaff Open Studios Tour which will be held August 26 - 27 this year!  I will be at my friend Cinde's house again along with Cinde and 3 fellow artists, so that should be a nice draw for folks to come by.  I'm finishing up an ad that we will be posting to the Brochure for the tour, so that will let everyone know who will be there and what medium(s) they will be offering.  So if any of you will be in the Flagstaff area the last weekend in August, be sure to save the dates and stop by to see us!


Here are a few of the items I've been working on since my last post:


Wrapped vase


Mug Rug set


Ice Dyed Shell


Bib Apron


Here are a couple of works in progress - on the left, beads strung on wire to make a garden art piece; on the right, a fabric twine vessel to cover a glass cylinder vase.

Mostly, I've been dyeing shirts because they have been selling really well the past couple of months.  Here is one I washed out this morning:


This is 2 colors: Wedgewood blue and Shitake Mushroon, ice dyed over an inverted colander:



We're in the hottest weather (for us) of the year until our Monsoon season starts and brings rain and cools us  off, so I'm taking advantage of the heat, which helps the dyes to bond with the fabric.  But this time of year also means keeping the curtains, doors and windows closed until evening, as the heat builds up during the day.  Only a couple more weeks of this, then we should be able to let in the sunshine... happy Summer!



1 comment:

Sherrie Spangler said...

Your work just gets more and more interesting! Glad you're having good sales.