Saturday, October 29, 2022

Bowls and cards

 Good grief, October is almost gone already!  Time really flies these days...

It's been a month of making bowls, moving my booth in Sedona Artist Market, and preserving autumn leaves along with using some.

Here's my "show and tell":


Here's my first attempt at a bowl with a braided rim - definitely something I hope to do more of!


Haven't done a bowl with a lid for awhile, and this one just seemed to be a good one for a lid - slightly different shape than my usual ones.


And it's been awhile since I made a ribbon bowl!


I picked up this fabric on a day trip to Phoenix last week - love the warm, autumn colors!


I have been collecting leaves to preserve for some of my cards, and made a few nice ones while I was learning about methods that worked best for preserving the leaves.  Here are a few:



I pressed the leaves in a book covered by other books to preserve them, then lightly sponged on some metallic paints before gluing them to a botanical print card.  I'm glad I finally took the time to try this - I love autumn leaves, and love that I can incorporate them into my creative pursuits!






My lovely new booth at Sedona Artist Market!  Much larger than my old one, and I got a larger clothing rack so I could expand my inventory.  Can't wait to see how my sales went this month!


On the home front, I got our heater vents cleaned out, got some work done in the yard, and did a little ice dyeing:


Time to start thinking about what to do in November - hard to believe Christmas is just around
the corner!  Stay tuned....







1 comment:

Sherrie Spangler said...

You've been busy! Your booth looks fantastic -- I've got to get up there at some point to see it in person.