Sunday, July 11, 2021

Summer: heat, rain and FOS preparations +++

 I swear, someone has set the clock and calendar ahead again... the time just whizzes by before I know it!  My last post was in May.... what happened to June?  And here we are nearing mid-July already!  I just re-read my last post... seems the pace has not slowed since then, but part of the reason is:  my Spirit Dolls have been selling at the Sedona Artist Market, woo-hoo!  I sold one in May, and I think 2 or 3 in June, and at least one so far this month!  So you  know I'm cranking more out as quickly as I can, especially since we are planning to resume our annual Flagstaff Open Studios Tour the end of August!  So there's that to get ready for, and keeping inventory ready to put in both galleries.  I think I will try to take a day or two off in September, lol!





In the garden, I have some basil, parsley, chives and tomatoes growing, and some nasturtiums are sprouting in planters on the deck.  My 2 geranium cuttings are doing well.  I had hoped to do a lot more planting this year, but it's still really hot most days... monsoons in the forecast for next week which will lower the temps, but it might be too late to get much going, so I think I'll focus on cleanup and maybe get a handyman to come do some maintenance work to spruce things up.

I promise to do better about posting more often, honest!  But for now, the housework needs to start, and I'm in production mode at least for the next month.  Stay cool, and I hope you enjoy the summer!


2 comments:

Sherrie Spangler said...

That's great that your spirit dolls are selling! And I love that sassy mannequin wearing your dress!

Beth said...

Your shop looks great and hopefully people will be so thrilled to be out they will celebrate with a purchase