|Lavender Avocado Mandala|
|Brazil Nut stripe|
|Mermaid's Dream stripe|
|Lapis Diagonal Stripe|
|Plum Soft Orange Diagonal Stripe|
Meanwhile, I have been working on a piece to show in this year's Prelude Exhibit at the Artists' Coalition Gallery. I call it Vase of Flowers:
This started out to be just the vase, but when I finished it, I decided it needed something else. I looked at dried floral arrangements, but didn't think they would be what I wanted. Then I came across some instructions on how to make fabric flowers using floral wire as the base, and set about to make some. This took a little while, since I had other things I was working on and each petal had to be glued to the wire and left to dry. I finally finished enough, and decided it was ready to go. This will be on display in the gallery for the month of August.
And in preparation for the Open Studios Tour, I now need to start cranking out my Autumn Leaves batik shirts, which are always a popular item for the show. Shown below is one from a previous year:
I think I am going to experiment with Brazil nut mixed, for a background color. Then it will be time to fire up the wax pot and start dyeing!