Monday, September 16, 2013

Autumn Leaves...

I have been hard at work the past couple of weeks, feverishly creating new things for my next show, "Autumn Leaves & Holly" at the Woodlands Hotel here in Flagstaff:

This is the time of year that I try to make up "Autumn Leaves" shirts using soy wax to batik leaves in a garland around the neck and down the sleeves... a very popular item with my customers.  This year, I haven't had too much time, but hope to have at least a small selection for this show.  Here is one of the finished shirts:

I used a mixture of browns to overdye the body of the shirt after waxing the leaves... came out really rich and dark, making the leaves glow with color.  
I'm also working on building up my "Shabby Chic" scarf collection for the show.  These sold really well at our local Artists' Coalition Gallery this summer, so I've been working overtime to replenish my stock!  Here are a few I made recently that will be available at the show:
  
 I still have lots to do to prepare for the show, then I have 2 more shows coming up in November... stay tuned!


No comments: