Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fabric Bowl

Thanks to Sherrie Spangler's blog post, I tried my hand today for the first time at making a fabric bowl:


I really love how this came out, and it was not too difficult!  I had one or two things I had to overcome, but Sherrie's tutorial was very clear and easy to follow.  This one is 8" across and about 2 1/2" high... not huge, but a nice table piece, and it was just right to help me learn the process.  I will definitely be making more of these, especially since I have an ever-growing stash of fabric that I really must find a way to use up!  I have loved fabric bowls for years, and just never found good instructions for making them.  I can see making a lot of these in the coming months... especially during the winter, when my studio calls to me!  Thanks, Sherrie!

2 comments:

Carol R. Eaton Designs said...

Fantastic!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I was really pleased at how well it
came out. I have tried yarn wrapped cord to create vessels, but hadn't tried fabric strips before. I'll definitely be making more of these!