These go together fairly quickly, and they make nice gifts. I really love this fabric, and have plans for other projects... first thing I'm going to try is a Kindle cover. I have a friend with a Kindle, and we were e-mailing about what she would like... she described one that I saw a freebie pattern for, so I'm going to download the instructions and try it on scrap fabric first to see how it goes together. Might end up being a new item in my inventory if I can get going on it soon enough!
Meanwhile, I had an order recently for some hand dyed sun visors, and I ordered a couple of extras in case I had one that didn't come out. Ended up with one dyed and one un-dyed, so I will probably put them in my shop as soon as the second one is dyed. Here's the first one:
I used a foam brush to apply the dyes, and it worked out pretty good! I'll have to get some more of these next year when the weather starts getting warm again.
Meanwhile, I have been experimenting with using thickened dyes to paint with, and posted about it here
and here where I have been invited to join as a Resident Artist! Each month, one of the members or guest artists posts about a fiber arts technique, then the rest of the group experiments with the technique and posts about their experiments. So far, I have tried sugar syrup resist and painting realistically with thickened dyes. Sometime next year, I will be contributing articles about techniques that I choose, so stay tuned and I'll point you over there if you are interested. Meanwhile, I have a pile of silk and silk/rayon scarves to dye up for the last two shows I'm in this year, coming in November, and a fridge full of dyes already mixed up that I need to use up... so much to dye, so little time!