Monday, August 22, 2011

Tie-dye class and drop dead scenery

Saturday, my friend Wendy and I taught a tie-dye class to 12 students, most of them members of the Coconino Quilters' Guild. The class was 6 hours long, and we held it in Wendy's garage and out back of the garage under a couple of canopies. Far as I could tell, everyone totally enjoyed themselves! Sadly, I was so busy teaching and enjoying myself that I didn't get any pictures, but I'm hoping to get some photos from the students who took pix... stay tuned! Meanwhile, last evening and this morning we had gorgeous scenes to shoot, so here you are:




This was last evening, looking west toward the peaks. It lasted just a few moments, but was long enough for me to grab the camera and head outside in my nightgown!

I stood in our driveway for this one early this morning. We have a large field of Coreopsis growing in our yard, and I thought this would be a great combination... the summer clouds, just the top of the peaks, and the sunny yellow of the wildflowers!

I caught this shot just before the sun came up.

Okay, time to fold the laundry and get breakfast... just had to share all this before I forgot!

1 comment:

Cate Rose said...

Beautiful photos, Judy! So glad the class went well, look forward to photos. Have a wonderful week. xo