Saturday, February 26, 2011

Nine patch finished/special order

Remember this?  Well, I finally finished it yesterday:
It now resides on our dining table... just the right size to cover the center where dishes are placed during dinner!  Meanwhile, I still need to finish the Split Rail lap quilt.  It's going to be a beauty when it's done... but it may take awhile.  I'm in the middle of a tie-dye special order for a friend in Washington State.  Here is one of the tops I have made for her:

This is a really neat asymmetrical tunic... very graceful, and a perfect display for my "Autumn Leaves" batik pattern.  But I will probably be doing other designs on this style as well.  I will post pix of the other two tops when they are done.  One is a light weight rayon poncho, the other a cotton woven "Bohemian" style shirt.
And as if I didn't have enough to do, I have taken a commitment to create a brochure for a fellow artist who makes jewelry... just a sideline that has evolved over the past couple of years.  Never a dull moment!  

No comments: