Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Overdyed printed fabric

Last week, our Quilters' Guild had a supply sale and live auction to raise funds for the guild. For $10.00, we got a grocery bag and got to fill it with whatever would fit in it... not bad! The first thing that caught my eye was a 4 yard piece of cotton with a design printed on it in black. My first thought was: "wow! I could dye that!". And so I stuffed it into my bag, and yesterday decided to test a fat quarter to see how it would look. Here is the 'before/after' shot:

Needless to say, I plan to make something really yummy out of this fabric! Just wish I could get my hands on more, but there is no maker label on the selvedge, so I'm going to have to be satisfied with what I got. On the other hand, I could do some screens and make my own for future projects... Yeah!