Wednesday, March 17, 2010

More batik experiments/tie-dye

I came up with a couple more items to stamp with, so here are the latest experiments:

I created a stamp using roofing nails hammered into a block of wood for the piece on the left (all the white dots). The piece on the right has markings from cardboard packaging shapes, including a piece that has a 'honeycomb' shape. I really like how these are coming out, so I may get on a batik tear for awhile!
On another note, I am planning to add sun visors to my product line this year, and I tie-dyed some fabric yesterday to use in making them:

I am working on the first one now, so I will probably post a picture of the end result over the next couple of days. I almost hated to cut into this fabric, but that's why I dyed it, so.....
Lastly, I am in shorts today - a sure sign that Spring is here, whether the calendar says so or not! Here's hoping the sun is shining where you are too!

No comments: