Saturday, March 27, 2010

End result of batik fabric experiments

Remember these? I created some soy wax batik fabrics for my friend Joyce, who has a sewing biz.

Joyce made up a couple of her products using some of the fabric, and here they are:

On the top is a case suitable for carrying eyeglasses or a cell phone. On the bottom is a cover for tissues which can be carried in your pocket or purse. She is a real whizz at coming up with products to use small pieces of fabric! I love 'em!
On a related note, I just bought 20 yards of Kona cloth, so I have lots of fabric for dyeing, batik, you name it! Oooooooh, boy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The eye glasses case, I wants one! lol

Can't wait to see what you do with all that Kona. I just got a fresh bolt of cotton sateen and I've been a little paralyzed about even breaking it out of its saran wrapping!

Have a blast with it, spring is a great time to be dyeing fabrics. :D