Saturday, August 30, 2008

More Circles

As promised, I dyed a shirt today using the can lids and spring clamps as I did with the fabric in my last post. I am pleased with the results so far, and plan to do more of the same. I like the halo effect I get with a darker ring around the circle, as well as the slight bleeding into the circle that occured. I also think it helps that I am layering several colors over the shirt, with yellow and orange coming last to create warmth... a slight glow. What a great way to use up leftover dyes!

I am also altering the way I create novas by using sinew instead of rubber bands, and so far I like the difference. I have seen novas that look this way, but wasn't sure how they were achieved... now I know!



3 comments:

Jane LaFazio said...

I do like those circles! Can you make smaller circles too? It would be cool to have a piece of fabric with circles and stamp and print and then sew on it. I love circles! cool and ORIGINAL results!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Yup, Janie! I have a variety of can lids I have accumulated, from small tuna cans to larger ones, and also my defective CD's from my hubbie!

jude said...

thanks for the comment on my blog...love the circles, i am just starting to play with dyeing...the circles are very inspiring.