I am all but done with 'Sea Pear', my challenge piece for our October play-date. All that I have left to do is put on the hanging loops. I am really pleased with how it came together, but also see things I would do differently if I had started on it now. I wanted to experiment with machine quilting, but chickened out. And the three 'leaves' or 'arms' on the front of the 'pear' aren't exactly how I had wanted them. But at least I have broken the ice, and have several ideas for pieces I hope to complete over the next couple of months. This is a new art form for me, although I have played with fiber arts and quilted wall hangings before. Dyeing and embellishing the fabrics has made 'Sea Pear' a piece different than others I have completed, and that facet of the process opens up whole new vistas for my imagination... I think it's going to be a fun winter!