Thursday, June 9, 2022

Fun new projects!

I've had several projects I wanted to try and recently decided to dive into my creative "bucket list" and see what I could come up with!  This first is a "wave" bowl which I have seen for ages, and finally had to just try it - not bad for a first try, and I found just the perfect sea shell to adorn the front.



Next, I tried a bowl with swirls on the side - this was a challenge!  I wasn't sure how to space them out when I attached them to the base, and it was pretty wobbly to stitch together. But I do like the results, especially after I sewed on some small wood beads to give it a more finished look!


The bowl below is a cutie, if I say so myself!  I came across this fabric and decided it would make a fun bowl for Independence Day celebrations - made one and posted a photo on my Facebook biz page, and got an inquiry from a friend about buying it!  So I sent it off to her in California!


One of the groups I belong to on facebook does tie-dye color challenges, and I decided to try one with these colors - very different than what I normally use in my dyeing, but I thought it really popped!


Then I decided to try it on one of my rayon dresses:


Yikes!  Did I go too far with the orange?  Guess I'll find out - it's heading to Sedona Artist Market tomorrow.  If it languishes there over the summer, I guess I'll have my answer, lol!



I saved my latest Spirit Doll for last - she is quite different than most of my dolls - mounted on painted canvas that has corrugated cardboard added for texture, I really had fun playing with creating her... took awhile, but I love how she came out.  She's heading to Sedona tomorrow too, but if she doesn't sell, my heart won't be broken... I have had her hanging in the studio for over a month now, and she makes me smile whenever I see her!

So what else has kept me busy of late?  I'm doing a lot of promotional work on social media for Arts Connection!    We have several new artists who have joined us recently, so I've been posting on facebook and Instagram to highlight them and also our other artists - regular posts help keep followers interested, right?  If you're on either Facebook or Instagram you can check it out: https://www.facebook.com/ArtsConnectionAZ and https://www.instagram.com/artsconnectionaz/

I really love seeing our local artists coming in, and our community is very supportive! 

Okay, time to get back to work - I hope you are all enjoying our pre-summer season, wherever you are!

 

1 comment:

Sherrie Spangler said...

Wow, you really are churning out the colorful fabulous art!!! I love the wave bowl with its beautiful blues, and the zingy rayon dress, and the spirit doll ... all of it!